Has any person ever stop you in the street to tell you something you do not know? this world of full of people, every person contains a story to tell. Some people create it, while others just exaggerate the scene they came across. They feel amusement by reeling people into the suspense they created through fake stories. Similarly, social media exaggerate the scenes and events by adding their spies just to create suspense in people.
The human mind can mold reality by personifying nonliving or nonhuman objects of the world. Sometimes people believe in those myths created long ago and added into their religious beliefs. As in the ancient world, people feared every huge object of the world, i.e., storm, mountains, sky, sun, etc. therefore, they made a deity of every powerful object, they saw, out of fear. However, today people simply exaggerate the events to make-believe people in their false stories that bewildered the mind, through Tik Tok, snake video apps.
In today’s world, people feel proud of themselves by exaggerating stories that do not even make any sense. As previously, myths like Sona Pari, Aladdin, Alif Laila, contained some lessons, however, today’s stories are nothing only just an amusement for the time being. Today people exaggerate just to make their impression or to get rates in Facebook and Tik Tok apps.
How people exaggerate things in today’s world?
In this existing world, where social media has strong writ upon people, we usually see the exaggeration of everything that just arrived at the scene of the world. For instance, on Facebook, Twitter we see the exaggeration of the personal lives of politicians and people who belong to showbiz. Social media reporters used to add up their spies before making it a headline.
In pandemic times, we have seen exaggeration of contagious nature and symptoms of coronavirus disease, that have spread the wave of fear among people. People have also exaggerated their conspiracy theories of the vaccination of the coronavirus. Owing to which people are exempted from vaccinating themselves.
People also exaggerate the little accidents into big by spreading that news through social media by posting pics, just to create fear among people. Thus, people get affected by such news and never wanted to travel for many days. Death must come one day but the fear of death kills people more severely.
Through exaggerations of scenes and utterances, people also create skirmishes among people. To achieve amusement, by infuriating people, they used to exaggerate utterances of people they hear and tell that utterance to their enemies. This way the animosity increases and people could even become aggressive to begin the physical fight with each other.
Exaggeration also happens in future predictions. People often make such prediction that creates anxiety among people about future through their lies and fake myths. For instance, many people talk about apocalyptic by woven it into their mythical assumptions that create a wave of fear among people and ending the affection for this world.
Thus, exaggerations affect people emotionally and mentally and lead them to lose their minds and act in an unusual way that invites several issues in their lives. In today’s world exaggeration of people is so attached to people, that people simply cannot get rid of it easily. To avoid exaggerations of people we must follow the following tips given below.
How to deal with people who exaggerate
Controlling Your Reaction:
- First to realize that the person is having a particular motif behind its exaggeration of the story.
- Distracting them by asking certain questions at the time when they begin to feel awkward or become nervous.
- Do not draw yourself into their drama, made for you or for others to seek attention, instead of walk away forcibly even if you get fascinated by their story do not let lie takes hold of you.
- Another way to catch their lies is through a sense of humor. You may react in a way that makes clear to them that you have not believed in their lies.
Confronting the Problem Directly:
- It may be reluctantly, but you should listen to the story with all the details attentively. And then review the story by yourself and specify the contradictions the exaggerated details contain.
- Challenge the reason behind the exaggeration of their story.
- Clarify their relationship with you and other people.
- When you suspect that whatever the other person exaggerating cannot be true, then you just need to take a minute and ask them for more details of their utterance. This way you will be putting them into a challenge in conversation.
Maintaining your Boundaries:
- If you cannot control a person for exaggeration and it gets under your skin. Then simply you should change your way from those people and avoid talking to them.
- Do not compete with people in exaggerating stories it will take you into more problems.
- Those people might be suffering from any problem that leads them to exaggerate the issues. You need to help them empathically.
- If a person uses to embellish stories all the time, then you should avoid talking to them and take them aside.
Exaggeration is something that enlarges the short stories to create suspense and fear among people. Sometimes, people exaggerate just to seek attention from the people and create their impression.
These attention seekers want to get famous by making people believe in their stories. Like the myths become embedded believes of people, these attention seekers wanted to exaggerate their stories to get the approval of their follies.
hey I am hina and my qualification is BS English Literature and Linguistics. I am follower of knowledge like a sinking star, beyond the utmost bound of human thought.